At Kennametal, we’ve adopted Microsoft Office 365 to our communication portfolio as a way to provide our 14,000 employees dispersed around the globe information at their fingertips, whether in the conference room or on the factory floor.
Thoughts from our CIO, Steve Hanna:
As a material science and manufacturing corporation, we take advantage of the many facets Office 365 has to offer. A few services we utilize include:
- Microsoft SharePoint Online: Intranet share and engage in problem-solving and brainstorming sessions
- Microsoft Exchange Online: Integrated messaging and calendar capabilities
- OneDrive for Business: Stores engineering specifications and performance reviews
- Microsoft Office Online: Access to documents, anywhere at anytime
- Microsoft Lync Online/Enterprise Voice: Instant messaging, audio conferencing, video conferencing
- Yammer: Enterprise social network for employees
Microsoft generously shared our successful transition to Microsoft 365 in their archive of customer experiences stories. Catch the original article in its entirety for topics including:
- Manufacturing Unity
- Opportunity for Improvement
- The Right Tools and People for the Job
- Connecting and Empowering Factory Workers
- Cross-Company Knowledge Sharing
- Enterprise-Class Capabilities
- Continuous Access to Information
- Greater Responsiveness to Customers and Colleagues
- The Flexibility to Innovate
You’ve gathered bits and pieces, now learn how our CIO, Steve Hanna, has embraced Microsoft Office 365 ability to connect Kennametal’s 14,000 employees in more than 60 countries, in this full article: “Kennametal: Manufacturing Leader Creates Unity and Harnesses Knowledge with Office 365.” Also, hear how Microsoft 365 helped Kennametal and other “Microsoft Customers Realize a New Era of Productivity in the Cloud.”
Did You Know? Steve Hanna recently shared the success story of Kennametal’s engagement with Dynamics CRM and Yammer at the Microsoft 2015 Convergence Conference.
Microsoft Office 365
The new Office provides anywhere access to your familiar Office applications—plus email, calendar, videoconferencing, and your most current documents—on almost any device, from PCs to smartphones to tablets.
For more information about Microsoft Office 365, go to: