- CBN replaces Ceramics more and more. We want to participate in this change.
- KB1340 is a market leading CBN grade in grey iron applications.
- Dimple clamping ensures tight and rigid clamping. Fits in holders that use Ceramtec #718, #716 clamps
- Strategic target market is brake-disk manufacturers worldwide.
- Besides the standard portfolio, specials are available with short lead-time
- and competitive pricing. Contact Engineered Solutions AENA – Latrobe for
- price and lead-time.
- Cladded clamps for extended lifetime are available on request.
Features, Functions and Benefits
- KB1340 provides a great combination of toughness and wear resistance, which leads to longer tool life at elevated speeds for higher productivity.
- Dimple and clamp provide great rigidity to avoid any movement of the insert.
- Dimple clamps fit Ceramtec holder which uses clamp# 718 or 716.
Vc: 800 – 1500 m/min
Certain melts of grey cast iron can exhibit poor machinability – by as much as two orders of magnitude.
Related to either insufficient ageing or composition.